Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New series - BOTD (Blog of the day)

BOTD-1

I'm going to start a series where I feature blogs/tumblrs dedicated to things I adore such as books, coffee, clothes, shoes and bags, cupcakes and pretty much everything that catches my fancy.

Today I'm featuring: Prettybooks. You don't really need a stronger reason than the tumblr's title: Books!

One of my favorite posts features a girl cribbing to a guy on reading a book. She says that once she starts reading she'll eventually get to the end of it and that'll be it. The guy asks her to re-read it and I love her answer to that: "But this is the ONLY chance I'll ever have to read the book for the FIRST time!"

I agree. Some books are special and I feel sad when I finish them. Of course I can always re-read them but it doesn't beat reading them for the first time, finding out the plot, falling in love with the book and its characters, living their lives and then come back to reality with a bang. I also have this nasty (as some people call it) habit of reading the last few pages first to find out how the book ends. I know, I know I can see the daggers in your eyes, but hey I'm *extremely* impatient and this is one habit I cannot get rid of.

I'm currently re-reading Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. I'm an out-and-out Hercule Poirot fangirl, I adore his egg shaped head and his oily mustache! I'm also working on building a collection of Hercule Poirot mysteries so if you have any of them and if you're going to get rid of it, please do give it to me! I'll be thankful.

Which book are you currently re-reading? And what is your nasty book habit (if you have one)!

No comments: